INEPACT POWERBOX WST
An InEpact Powerbox WST (Wet Steam Turbine) is a power unit that produces electricity from wet, saturated or dry steam. It can serve as a pressure reduction unit in an industrial process or work in combination with a condensing unit (CU) in a closed loop.
General process of a WST system
[1-5] The steam expands through the turbine (expander) and the resulting shaft power is transformed into electricity by the generator.
 The WST is controlled and monitored by a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), equipped with a WST operator panel. The PLC controls the steam supply through adjustable control valves for optimal production of electricity.
It also monitors other components in the system. An operator can manage and supervise the machine from a WST operator panel.
 Electricity is delivered to the grid through a circuit breaker located in the switchgear.
Advantages with InEpact Powerbox WST
- Wet or saturated steam can be fed directly into our InEpact Powerbox without any risk of damaging the turbine.
- Available for variable working conditions from 5 to 35 bar(a)
- Wide application range from 150 to 2400 kW
- Oil-free system
- InEpact’s latest profile, with high efficiency
- Safe and reliable grid connection
- Compact modular design
- Low maintenance cost, easy and simple operation
- Remote control, unattended operation
WORKING CONDITIONS INEPACT POWERBOX WST
Steam: wet, saturated or dry steam, 5 – 35 bar(a)
Depending on the customers’ needs and conditions, two different applications can be applied
- The WST unit serves as a pressure reduction unit in an industrial process. Steam is available at a high pressure, e.g. 15 to 25 bar and reduced down to e.g. 6 to 9 bar. The pressure difference is used to generate electrical power.
- The WST unit is working in combination with a condensing unit (CU) in a closed loop. This is common for a combined power plant, heat and electricity.
- Turbine (expander)
- Barrier water system
- Lubrication system
The following components are not included in the image:
Cabinet with control and monitoring system (PLC with HMI)
Switchgear and frequency cabinets
InEpact Powerbox ORC
An InEpact Powerbox ORC is a power unit that converts electricity from waste or geothermal heat according to the Organic Rankine Cycle principle (ORC).